Monday, August 08, 2005

 

An Even Older One

You know, sometimes Joe just writes this stuff himself. We could probably print nothing in this blogspace but Joe's ironic quotes, without any further commentary to make him look stupid. So let's jump into the wayback machine to 1996:

In the final days of the 1996 season, Morgan was in Chicago to broadcast a Sunday night game when veteran sports writer Dave Van Dyck asked him how he felt with Sandberg about to break his record.

"I've never been introduced as 'Joe Morgan, the guy with the most home runs as a second baseman,' " he said. "I'm introduced as 'Joe Morgan, Hall of Famer.' "I don't think about individual stuff. I was a team player."


Now I know I've heard Morgan say on Sunday Night Baseball that he could calculate his batting average in his head on the way down to first base, but never mind that. I guess it never occurred to Joe that he got into the Hall of Fame based on his individual achievements

Maybe he should just be introduced as "Joe Morgan, pompous ass".

Comments: Post a Comment << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?